The DIY Project: Instant Nail ArtMonday, July 30, 2012
I've been wanting to do a DIY ever since. I wanted to fine a creative bone in me that is not related to performing and writing. I have been so inspired by a lot of DIY ideas I saw on Pinterest and blogs that I do read and follow.
Finally! Here is my first DIY project! It started with a very messy trial but I was able to do it. So here it goes.
* old magazine (best if it has a lot of cute graphics in it)
* "nail pusher and nipper"
* colorless nail polish (for base and finish)
* nail glue (if you have one)
* nail polish (color of your choice)
WHAT TO DO:
1. First, scan through the magazine and choose the design you want to put on your nails. As a Hello Kitty lover, I chose this for my toe nails. I also found some cute designs and graphics for my fingernails.
2. Cut out the pieces you chose and make sure they are the right size for your nails.
3. Paint your nails with your base color of choice. Let it dry for a few minutes then apply nail glue. Use the nipper to put the design on your nail and place it on the center. use the pusher to gently push the design to it can properly stick to your nail.
4. After the glue dried, put a colorless polish on the nails for protection. Voila! You're all done and ready to flaunt your nails!
* Do not do this if you are going for a swim or if you will be out on a beach. The water will definitely take out the pieces. (based from my experience)
* Make sure every piece was properly glued and protected by the colorless polish.
* If you cannot find little designs that can fit your nails, especially on the toes, you can just use glitters or other smaller designs for a cute finish.
Hope you'll try this out!