Bookgasm: Bergdorf Blondes-tionary ♥Sunday, July 22, 2012
Instead of having a 'Quote of the Day' post, I will share this with you. These are the new 'vocabularies' I collected from the book, Bergdorf Blondes. This is also one of the reasons why I love and enjoy reading the book.
Here we go!
1. Fargo - beauty related condition.
2. PH - Prospect Husband; fiance; like an accessory on your arm (PH is equal to your Hermes Birkin Bag or whatever :P)
3. Toffs - derogatory. A rich or upper-class person.
4. Brazilians - wax of the “V” ;)
5. “Do you believe in drivers?" (This can work for me! Do you believe in driving cars and not commuting? HAHA)
6. “Brazil”/”Trip to Brazil” - the “V”/Sex
7. Ana - Anorexic = Thin = Perfection
8. Beyond - a substitute superlative (Ex: That Prada bag is beyond!)
9. Wollman - diamond the size of an ice rink (talking about engagement rings)
10. A.T.M. - Rich Boyfriend
11. M.I.T. - Mogul in Training; more desirable than an A.T.M.
12. M.T.M. - Married to Mogul; better than both of previous
13. Llamas oh Madison - insanely glamorous South American girls
14. Fake Bake - fake tan
15. Eew! - mini-scream designed to show surprise/horror
16. On the d-l - on the down low, from the low down, which means same as on the q-t
17. Clinical - depressed, as in clinical depression.
18. The Fritz - “fucking Ritz,” as in the Ritz Hotel, Paris
19. Shame Attack - Intellectual condition
20. GQG - Gilt Quilt Gilt
21. Breakuprexia - is this illness all girls in NY and LA get after a breakup where you get beyond ana and can fit into a size two.
22. CBK - Carolyn Bessette Kennedy; e.g. The hair can't be yellow, it has to be very white like CBK.
23. HRH - His/Her Royal Highness
24. FRGs - Front Row Girls
25. S.P.D.V. - Same People, Different Venue
26. Devastation Factor
27. Du Cap diet - peach Bellinis, peanuts and Ritz cookies28. Get out!
Hope you enjoyed the list like I did!